The HERO Smoothie Bowl
Not only is it super easy to throw together, it’s also packed full of heart and brain healthy omega 3 fatty acids, plant based proteins, and a wide range of important vitamins and minerals.
Tastes pretty good too, even if I say so myself…
Approx 900 kcal, 18 g carbs, 40 g protein, 65 g fat
Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
So here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2.5 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Plant Based Protein Powder (optional)
- 2-3 brazil nuts
- Your choice of superfood/greens powder (optional)
- 2 cups unsweetened hemp/almond milk
- 1 tbsp nut butter (almond, cashew etc)
- 3/4 to 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 small handful fresh blueberries
- 1 square dark chocolate (optional)
- Everything north of the hemp/almond milk on the list above, you’re going to add to a normal breakfast bowl (like you’d use for porridge) and mix together.
- Then you want to pour in the milk and stir it thoroughly.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge – ideally overnight, or if you’re short of time, for around half an hour in the morning. This is so the chia and flaxseeds can soak up the liquid, which makes them mushy and easier to digest.
- Top with the nut butter, yoghurt, blueberries, and a square of good quality dark chocolate (the bitter, 90% stuff)
The texture takes a little bit of getting used to. I’d say it’s somewhere between a thick smoothie, and what I imagine a batch of frogspawn would feel like.
As you’ll probably find, it’s a fairly hefty meal.
At around 900 kcal, obviously you might want to adjust the portions slightly based on your goals.
And as with any meal, enjoy it slowly and mindfully for optimum enjoyment and digestion (even if it is tempting to wolf it down).
If you give it a try, let me know how it goes in the comments section below!
[section background_image=”https://www.heromovement.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/HERO-MOVEMENT-HERO-ACADEMY-BACKGROUND-compressor.png” text_color=”FFFFFF” background_color=”#3F3F3F”]
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
AT THE HERO ACADEMY
Resources to help you eat, move & live better. Healthy eating plans, strength and mobility workouts, habit changing guides, giveaways and much more.
[button text=”GET FREE ACCESS TODAY” url=”https://www.heromovement.net/hero-academy/” background_color=”#d94848″ text_color=”#ffffff” style=”lt_flat” size=”large” icon=”” open_new_window=”true” rounded=”true”]